Super Lawyers 2021 - Badge
Martindale-Hubbell - Badge
ABA - Badge

You may Have Only Six Months to Make Your Claim Against the D.C. Government

If you are injured in D.C. and need to make a claim against the D.C. government, you may have only six months to give proper legal notice of your claim. Many claims against the D.C. government are forever barred unless you have given proper written notice to the Mayor’s Office within six months of the incident.

Section 12-309 of the D.C. Code controls this issue, and that law was recently re-affirmed by the D.C. Court of Appeals. As a result, it is important that you speak with an attorney early to determine if you need to put the D.C. government on notice.

If you have been injured in D.C. and may have a claim against the D.C. government, contact the law firm of Howie Law Firm LLC 24/7 for a free consultation for personal injury cases.

Read more from our Maryland Personal Injury Blog.

Free Consultation for Accident Cases

Fill out the contact form or call us at (410) 793-2400 to schedule your free consultation.

Leave Us a Message