How Do I Choose a Personal Injury Attorney?
If you or a family member has suffered a personal injury and are seeking compensation, your choice of attorney is the difference between settling for less and getting the best possible compensation. It is also about somebody who treats you with respect and understands that your time is just as important as theirs — and as a client, is even more so. It is about compassion, patience and aggressive representation.Experience, Knowledge and Comfort Level Count
The personal injury law firm of Howie Law Firm LLC in Maryland, has been helping injured people for more than a decade. We know that there are hundreds of competent lawyers serving Annapolis and Washington, D.C. residents. So, why choose us? We have put together a list of questions you should ask any personal injury firm before deciding to hire them. We are happy to answer any questions you many have in a free consultation for personal injury cases and look forward to letting you know how we can help with your unique needs and concerns.
- Are you accessible? We are. We know that accidents don’t conveniently happen between 9 and 5, Monday through Friday, which is why our phones are answered 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. If your lawyer is not available when you call, somebody will take care of your immediate needs, and your lawyer will return your call promptly.
- What is your fee structure? Although virtually every personal injury case is taken on contingency, it is fair to ask your attorney about what percentage of your award will go toward his or her legal fees and what arrangements are made regarding expert witnesses. If money is requested up-front, you are not dealing with a reputable firm.
- What is your track record of success? Every case is different, and past success is not a guarantee that you will get the same compensation as the biggest award a lawyer ever obtained. Track record is the key, not one extremely large award.
- Will you help me understand all my options? Ultimately, the decision as to whether to accept a settlement or go to trial is yours. Your attorney’s job is to get you options and to help you understand the pros and cons of each one. Transparency is essential to having an open and honest relationship with your attorney.
- Are you, the attorney, comfortable with going to trial? It may seem counterintuitive, but there are lawyers who would rather take a lesser amount from the insurance company than go to trial to fight for every penny you deserve. Not every case should go to trial, but if it is in your best interest, then make sure your lawyer is not afraid to be aggressive in the courtroom.
Schedule a free consultation for personal injury cases with our Annapolis attorneys
To learn more about how Howie Law Firm LLC can help you get the fair compensation you deserve, please contact us online or call us at (410) 793-2400. Consultations are free, and all personal injury cases are taken on contingency. Our phones are answered 24/7. We serve the entire suburban Maryland region from our offices in Annapolis.