The Most Frequent Construction Site Accidents
Construction sites can be dangerous places. Sometimes accidents happen and injuries occur, not only to workers but to passing pedestrians as well. When these accidents are due to the negligence or carelessness of an individual or company, you should contact the construction accidents attorneys in Annapolis, MD to discuss filing a claim.
Most frequently occurring construction site accidents include:
- Falls. Construction site workers often work in high places. Sometimes they fall from scaffolding, ladders and roofs.
- Falling debris. When debris comes loose and falls from a higher level, not only workers but also passing pedestrians can be injured. Depending on the weight and size of the item that falls, these injuries can be very serious.
- Heavy machinery. All sorts of machinery and tools are used on construction sites. Cranes, forklifts, bulldozers, and power drills are just a few things that can cause serious injury if used incorrectly.
- Electrical accidents. Hidden power lines and exposed electrical wiring can cause electrocutions, burns, fires and sometimes even explosions at construction sites.
- Exposure. Sometimes workers are exposed to toxic substances through contact with cleaning agents, paint, machinery fluids and more.
Whether you are a construction worker who was injured on the job because of the negligence of another worker or your company, or a pedestrian injured in passing, the first step towards filing a successful personal injury claim is to contact the construction accident lawyers at Howie Law Firm LLC. Call today for a free consultation for personal injury cases.